- Travelling eggbeater with ‘trailing’ arm vertical.
- Kick, pull, kick over for 10 metres.
- Fishtail showing support scull.
- Inverted Tuck to Vertical (Kip lift) supported by bottles
- Reverse scoop scull moving from front layout into front pike.
- Ballet leg
- Split position to Vertical at ankles.
- Back Layout to surface arch showing split scull
- Front Pike to Fishtail position to Vertical supported by bottles
- Head First Dive.
- Right or Left leg split on land (compulsory pass)
- On Land: Prone Plank Position.
Black costume and white hat to be worn
- At least 11 out of 12 skills must be passed but all must be attempted.
- Unless otherwise stated, all movements should be performed in a stationary position in uniform motion.
- To ensure all points can be assessed, assessors may ask the swimmer to perform the skill up to 3 times.
- For the head first dive, the water depth must be at least 1.8 metres deep.
- Dry land skills must be assessed in an appropriate environment.
- For dry land skills swimmers must wear a costume/leotard.
- Assessors are asked to highlight any areas in which the
swimmers are not yet competent.
- Swimmers must pass a minimum of 9 skills for retakes.
- Skill 11 is a compulsory pass but can be retaken as one of their
- Except for Splits, swimmers may retake up to 2 skills a maximum
of 2 times.
- All points of good technique i.e. pointed toes should be
- Heights given are the minimum.
- 5 Litre bottles must be used.
- Words enclosed in “inverted commas” should be regarded as
- Skill 11 must be taken first on land. Swimmers will be informed of
the result but may complete other assessments for experience.